Join us in welcoming
Elizabeth Searles Wagner
Born January 2, 2005 at 2:28
PM. 7 pounds, 9 ounces, 20-1/2". Healthy, pink, with a "lusty cry"!
for newly added pix. Click thumbnails for larger image)
We're Home! Tuesday,
January 4, 2005
pictures from Monday,
January 3, 2005
few minutes later.
Elizabeth seems pretty happy. I'm sure she's saving some havoc for tomorrow
when we bring her home and she gets to meet the cats!
pictures from Sunday,
January 2, 2005
I cut the cord the doctor said: "Congratulations, you bought yourself
the nurse and Dr. Steven W. Domnitz, MD, who presided.
and assistant do their things.
active labor was only about four hours. Victoria gave birth about an hour
after getting to the hospital!
Everything went perfectly well.
The labor was so fast and intense, there wasn't time for any medicine. Victoria
had a completely natural delivery. Naturally, many more pictures to come. Stay
- 1/5/05 - Bill Heenan
- 1/5/05 - Patricia
Heenan meets Elizabeth
- 1/5/05 - While everyone
else meets, Phoebe snoozes in the porta-crib
- 1/6/05 - Victoria and
Elizabeth nap. Bill and Patricia read.
- 1/6/05 - Same deal
- 1/6/05 - Elizabeth
is 4 days old. We took her to Dr. Zucker today for a weigh-in. She is
7lbs, 2oz. The loss since birth is very normal and is exactly what she weighed
on Tuesday. She's nursing well and doing fine!
- 1/6/05 - Victoria and
her little larva baby.
- 1/6/05 - Us, happy
- 1/7/05 - Eyes wide
- 1/7/05 - Flowers from
my sister, Erica and baby + boppy.
- 1/7/05 - The boppy
is great. They should hand you one in the delivery room. What's
- 1/8/05 - Victoria,
Elizabeth and Spencer take their ease.
- 1/10/05 - Check out
these feet. Huge.
- 1/10/05 - Elizabeth
has some supper.
- 1/10/05 - Napping on
- 1/11/05 - Gettin' clean
and into some PJs.
- 1/12/05 - Elizabeth
- 1/12/05 - But not for
- 1/13/05 - Baby socks.
- 1/13/05 - Spencer is
very curious about Elizabeth. The other cats pretty much leave her alone.
- 1/14/05 - Seems more
awake and alert all the time. Another one.
- 1/16/05 - Two weeks
old, first bath in the kitchen sink.
- 1/16/05 - Talking to
Uncle Chris on the phone.
- 1/16/05 - In the bouncy.
- 1/17/05 - Getting equipped
for Rehoboth Beach in June.
- 1/17/05 - Spencer wishes
he had all the cuddly blankies that Elizabeth does.
- 1/22/05 - Sleeping.
- 1/24/05 - A couple
of bottles per day, formula and breastmilk, let Victoria catch up on some
- 1/28/05 - Speaking
of sleep. Everyone sleeps whenever possible.
- 1/29/05 - Spencer stays
as close as possible to where the action is.
- 1/29/05 - Pudgy.
- 1/30/05 - Four weeks
old. Not a 'calendar month' yet, but it's the fourth week since E's birthday!
Check out those sox!
- 1/30/05 - Second breakfast
- 9:15 AM.
- 1/30/05 - And, the
- 2/1/05 - Crazy hat
from Crazy Auntie Elizabeth (Buffy).
- 2/2/05 - Quiet and
happy on the changing table with animal toy from Dan O'Connell (V's friend).
- 2/2/05 - And one moment
- 2/13/05 - Baby acne.
Nothing to worry about according to this
- 2/13/05 - Wakeful
and looking at stuff.
- 2/13/05 - Kinda a smile!
- 2/13/05 - Victoria
- 2/13/05 - Time for
- 2/13/05 - And lots of snoozing
- 2/19/05 - Napping in
- 2/20/05 - Destination:
A&P for groceries.
- 2/20/05 - Grocery shoppin'.
- 2/20/05 - Checkout
line. She slept through the whole thing.
- 2/20/05 - Home with
- 2/20/05 - I'M HAPPY!!!
- 2/25/05 - Happy again.
I don't seem to take pictures when she's cranky.
- 3/3/05 - 2 months old.
13lbs, 4oz. First set of shots. Very healthy and plump.
- 3/5/05 - Breakfast
- 3/5/05 - Michelle Generous came for a visit
and took a set of 'family photos'. A - B
- C - D - E
- F - G
- 3/14/05 - The days tumble past and Elizabeth
is now holding her head up and noticing a lot of
what's going on.
- 3/15-19/05 - Took a short trip to Alexandria,
VA (Kurt had a conference in DC) and stayed with the Heenans. Pictures?
but of course: Elizabeth none the worse for her
four hour ride. As you'd expect, the grandparents were
ready for some baby time. Bill & Elizabeth.
I think those two hit it off well. Of course Patricia
got plenty too!
- 3/23/05 - We call this "The
- 3/24/05 - Chris took a break from his North
American Tour and spent a couple of days visiting, and meeting
- 3/25/05 - Our family.
- 3/25/05 - Miss E gets her first
visit to the bathtub!
- 3/26/05 - Before
and after. She's growing!
- 4/9/05 - Miss Chubby
- 4/9/05 - Sitting up
(with a little help).
- 4/10/05 - More cuteness
- 4/14/05 - A crazy
hat is always good for a laugh. Or two. Or
- 4/16/05 - More holding
head up on the playmat.
- 4/20/05 - After a hard day, sometimes the
only thing left to do is to get one's feet sprayed.
- 4/25/05 - FOOD! one
two three just a bit
of rice porridge and formula...a couple of quick bites, which she didn't seem
to mind too much. We're switching her over to green chili cheeseburgers tomorrow!
5/1/05 - Four months have passed and Elizabeth
seems to have gone from being a newborn to a big baby.
- 5/1/05 - She's eating about a tablespoon of rice
cereal once or twice a day now.
- 5/1/05 - Outside, admiring the flowers in her
- 5/1/05 - Later, with crazy hat made by Aunt Erica-Liis.
- 5/8/05 - Mother's Day!
- 5/10/05 - Some of the sweet potato went in.
- 5/14/05 - Weather is nice so we're in the backyard!
- 5/15/05 - Mom and Grandmother went up to Chelmsford,
MA to visit Greatgrandmother Margie Walsh.
- 5/15/05 - Along with Great Aunt Sheila French.
- 5/15/05 - Many meetings: Victoria's cousin, Patricia
- 5/16/05 - Many meetings: Victoria's cousin, Robert
- 5/18/05 - A lot of family, Chris Heenan paid a visit: here,
- 5/22/05 - Ready for the bath!
- 5/25/05 - Any new parent knows that it's not all
cuteness and smiles. Just the usual 5-7pm 'unhappy hour'.
- 5/28 - 6/3 - We travel to NM to visit
Granny Glenda and Aunt Erica.
- 6/11-8 - We spent a week at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware with predictable results!
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
. Victoria's parents joined us for a couple of days. Elizabeth rolled over
for the first time. The weather was awesome. We had a wonderful week!
- 6/25/05 - Hot and sticky. Time for some pool!
- 7/1/05 - Swimming 'lessons' pic1, pic2
& pic3. Sitting up
(with some help - plus she can roll over from back to front).
- 7/2/05 - Eating peaches. (A short video in .wmv
format, plays using Windows Media Player - 1MB).
- 7/3/05 - Our key holder by the front door looks
different these days.
- 7/3/05 - There is not much nicer than enjoying the
company of some friends (with a sleeping baby).
- 7/9/05 - Time to play with my feet. Maybe I can
be Mother Teresa.
- 7/11/05 - Too hot to wear too much. Never too
hot for some fun!
- 7/16/05 - The sitting upright thing is no problem.
- 7/17/05 - Another baby hat.
- 7/18/05 - Amost too much baby.
- 7/20/05 - Sitting is the way to go, now.
- 7/26/05 - At 'school'...all dressed up and playing.
- 7/26/05 - These are my ears.
- 7/28/05 - Bright eyes!
- 7/29/05 - Having fun playing!
- 7/30/05 - Must have a bagel in NJ.
- 7/31/05 - First freeze headache. From frozen
- 8/3/05 - Seven months old and I love my pool.
- 8/3/05 - I'm going to crawl real soon.
- 8/6/05 - Whatever it is, I'm gettin' it. I'll
take that, too.
- 8/6/05 - Dad's turn to deliver dinner.
- 8/6/05 - Showing off my teeth. Close-up.
- 8/7/05 - Hodip, baby.
- 8/11/05 - With Tony K., Library colleague and
swim class instructor.
- 8/12/05 - At Hens' Roost, a breakfast joint, I'm sitting
in the high chair for the first time!
- 8/12/05 - Decisions, decisions.
- 8/13/05 - A sweltering summer. Thank goodness for
- 8/20/05 - What's in the toybox today?
- 8/20/05 - Visiting the Bohenbergers near Philadelphia,
- 8/20/05 - I'll have that cheesesteak!
- 8/26-9/2/05 - Visiting the
Heenan's in Madison, VA.
- 9/11/05 - Holding my bottle, drinking some juice.
Top teeth coming any day now!
- 9/17/05 - Getting that crawling thing down.
- 9/18/05 - Uncle Chris pays a visit. this
one, and this one.
Messed up fence and shrubs in the background is where a
big t-storm blew a tree down on 8/14!
- 9/23/05 - Officially crawling all over the place.
- 9/25/05 - Visited a country
crafts fair. Got an upper tooth coming in!
- 10/5/05 - OK, what can I gnaw on now?
- 10/15/05 - Pulling up onto my feet! Yesterday
she said, pretty clearly, "kitty cat". Video
Clip. [950kb Windows metavideo].
- 10/23/05 - Bunny hat we got at an Asian doodang
shop at Rehboth last June.
- 10/29/05 - Cider squeezing at Julie Bliss's (Chair of Nursing dept and friend
of K & V).
- E with Sandie De Young (Dean of Science & Health)
and Julie (Chair of Nursing), cleaning apples.
- Cider press in the background.
- E's first whole apple. Lookit those man hands!
|Another one| And another
- When she noticed the tub full of apples she had
to get involved!
- Maw of the apple grinder!
- 10/30/05 - Just playing around the house and
having a cookie.
- 10/31/05 - Halloween ONE TWO
THREE Halloween Parade at
A to Z School.
- 11/1/05 - Elizabeth is 10 months old, playing with
- 11/5/05 - Having milk & cheerios, more
- 11/22-26/05 - Thanksgiving
in Alexandria, VA.
- 12/4/05 - At home in sweater crocheted by colleague
- 12/4/05 - Trip to grocery store. 1 - 2
- 12/16/05 - Wearin' my monkey shoes, havin' some frozen
- 12/17/05 - Practicing walking: 1 - 2
- 3 - 4
- 12/23-28/05 - Christmas in
- 1/2/06 - Happy Birthday! 1 - 2
- 1/6/06 - Having some banana, wearin' my monkey shoes
- 1/7/06 - Multitasking.
- 1/8/06 - Busy little me.
- 1/15/06 - Tooth #7 appears.
- 1/28/06 - Who would have thought we'd make it past the first year-and-a-month?
I know, everyone does. We are just amazed at Elizabeth. So pretty, full of
life; each day is a new adventure and everything, just about, is a 'first'.
She's been taking a few tentative steps, mostly with help, but any day now
she'll totter along on her own. She is putting words to things, increasingly,
and it's clear that she's figuring out the world, one object at a time. What
a long way she has to go - but what a fun trip it is! With
Mom in the kitchen...nearly suppertime.
- 1/29/06 - Having breakfast (feeding myself!)
- 2/4/06 - Fishsticks! 1 - 2
and with a well-gnawed bagel.
- 2/11/06 - Playing with my Cheerios 1 - 2.
- 2/12/06 - Hanging out.
- 2/16/06 - Playing with my blocks 1 - 2.
Good thing Spencer is a patient cat 1 - 2.
- 2/19/06 - Even Spencer has his limits. Elizabeth
learned a little lesson in feline etiquette.
- 2/23/06 - Feeding myself meatballs!
- 2/24/06 - Walking more steadily. Why do I need two
bottles at once?
- 2/24/06 - ASBESTOS!
- 2/24/06 - Elizabeth is getting around pretty well.
Now it REALLY gets interesting!
- 2/24/06 - With librarian parents it comes as no surprise that Elizabeth
can't get enough of her books. And another.
- 2/24/06 - WALKING! - [722KB Windows
Meta Video clip] Elizabeth took her first wobbly steps right around the end
of January. By the end of the first week in February she was able to take
three or four steps in a row (very drunken-looking). Now, three weeks later,
she is confidently walking across the living room.
- 2/26/06 - Now that she's mobile she is crawling up onto the chair, enjoying
- 2/26/06 - Elizabeth's hair is really coming in thick now...with
an impressive curl.
- 3/1/06 - A day shy of fourteen months old. Wearing
a crazy terry dress w/leggings. Uh, oh. Bottle
malfunction - or was she slamming it on the floor?
- 3/4/06 - On the sofa, waiting for my movie to
- 3/10-16/06 - We visited Kurt's
Mom and Sister in Austin, Texas.
- 3/25/06 - Orange Converse high tops, Alexandria,
- 4/9/06 - Spring has sprung and Elizabeth is fully mobile. Getting cuter
by the day! 1 2 3
4 5 6
7-very busy helping get the flower garden ready.
- 4/14/06 - Looking in her new mirror. Reading
- 4/16/06 - I'm posting new pictures on Flickr. Please click the link to see the latest photos of Elizabeth!